Accepted participants pay a participation fee of € 700. Those without limited institutional pay the reduced fee of € 400. Those with no institutional funds can opt for the hardship fee of €200 (please provide a reason for the hardship fee in your motivation letter).
The fee covers the accommodation on campus in an individual room in a 2-room apartment, bathroom shared with one other person, half board, and the program is included in the fee.
There is a limited number of capped travel grants which can be allocated to participants whose home institution can not cover travel expenses. You need to provide proof from your institution in your submission file.
To apply, please prepare the material as listed in the call in a single pdf file and submit it via OpenReview (follow the instructions below).
Application instructions for OpenReview
- Go to openreview.net/group?id=BIGSSS-CSS/2023/Summer_School
- If you have an account, log in with your credentials. If not, you first have to sign up with OpenReview. Note that sign up at OpenReview might take 24h, so be sure to do it well before the deadline!
- When you are logged-in, you will see a button next to “Add:” that says “BIGSSS-CSS 2023 Summer School Submission”
- Now, you can submit your details and the single pdf file that combines your motivation letter, cv and project preferences (check the list of projects).
- We use the following OpenReview fields and check boxes
- Title: Enter the short title of the project of your first preference. (Note: This field is not very relevant! OpenReview is mainly used for paper submissions and therefore this field cannot be removed.)
- Authors: Your own name and affiliation. (This should be there automatically there from your OpenReview account.)
- PDF: Single file with motivation letter, short CV (or link to a website with CV), a proof that your institution cannot cover travel expenses if you apply for a travel grant.
- Project preferences: Select your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preference.
- Participation fee: Select your participation fee.
- Travel grant: Tickbox whether you apply to the travel grant (if so, please motivate in the motivation letter).
- Demographic information: Tickboxes with some basic demographic information. Check all that apply
- Check your inbox (after some minutes) to find a confirmation of your submission.